Apply for an internship
I am currently looking for an intern from September 2021 onwards.
I am looking for someone who is familiar with the following:
- Fluent in Dutch or English (or both)
- Basic sewing/crafting/embroidery skills and a lot of patience
- Adobe Photoshop
- Someone who studies art, fashion, photography or a similar course and/or has a strong interest in traditional arts and crafts, and political art in general.
- My work is very time consuming so please realize that before applying. It sometimes takes weeks or even months before a new artwork is finished.
Some more information:
- A basic stipend is available per month, depending on the total amount of hours per week and the duration of the internship. My studio is located in the north-west of Utrecht. Unfortunately, there is no compensation for standard travelling costs to and from the studio. If we need to go somewhere far, you will get compensated for the extra costs.
- While working on new projects, we will also visit gallery spaces and exhibitions together, and (if possible due to covid19 regulations) attend exhibition openings and network meetings. I tend to stick to regular working hours and working days, from Monday ’til Friday. Because of exhibition openings taking place in the evening and on the weekends, this can vary a bit every now and then.
- My studio is fully equipped, so you can leave behind some belongings overnight (food, warm clothes, etc).
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions about an internship.
Reviews from interns
Here you can find reviews from past interns:
Review no.1, by Kara Geraerts, a 3rd year student at HKU, BA Photography. July 2021
“During my first visit at the studio, Joyce and I clicked right away. As an intern you experience how much time and attention is spent on every art object. It is beautiful to share this passion for arts and crafts.
Communicating with Joyce went very well, there was always a clear schedule of what needed to be done and you always knew what was next on the agenda. There is a nice work atmosphere in the studio, you get a lot of personal attention and Joyce is always in for a nice chat.
Joyce has a lot of experience and likes to share her knowledge. She shows interest in your personal learning goals. She also has an extensive network and I have met nice and inspiring people, among which a couple artists at the Vlampijp Studios.
I will definitely drop by in the future!”